Fire Damage Restoration
Experiencing a fire in your home or office is devastating and very overwhelming. When you need restoration following a fire and the removal of smoke and soot from your home or business, you are faced with a very complex task that should only be performed by a professional fire damage restoration company. Let our team thoroughly inspect your home and walk you through step by step on what to do and not to do. We will handle your claim start to finish as we are trained in the same programs/certifications as insurance adjusters are ...
Fire Cleanup, Smoke & Soot Removal
After a fire, there are toxic gases released from the burning of construction materials. These gases are dangerous to your health and appear when a building experiences fire damage. We will inspect all areas and let you know what is damaged and what can be saved. We will also help you document all contents and damaged areas so you are one step ahead in getting your claim expedited and get you back in a safe comfortable home again.
Fire Restoration can be complicated
Though it seems simple, fire and smoke are complicated and you will need an expert to evaluate the situation. Smoke comes in four basic varieties. Wet Smoke is described as resulting from a low heat fire, dry Smoke results from a fast burning high temperature fire, protein smoke has an extreme pungent odor but is virtually invisible, and fuel oil soot smoke results from furnace currents. Our professionals will evaluate the smoke and fire damage. They will first target the type of smoke that has saturated your structure, which will help them determine the type of fire that has taken place and also to identify what type of restoration or replacement is needed. Many of these services are offered around the clock because there is no time to waste.
POST FIRE CHECK LIST
Immediate Dos and Dont’s after a fire
- Immediately turn off heat and air conditioning unit to prevent spreading of soot and odor. If you must use the unit before inspection, filters will need to be changed first.
- Secure all doors and windows to prevent vandalism.
- If weather is freezing, and you do not inhabit the home, pour anti-freeze in sinks, toilet bowls, and bathtubs to prevent freezing.
- Remove pets to a clean environment
- Let small children crawl on floors soiled with soot.
- Wipe or attempt to wash walls, ceilings or painted surfaces (smearing will occur).
- Use upholstered furniture until assessed for cleaning.
- Use TVs, stereos, or electrical appliances until cleaned and checked.
- Consume any food products wrapped or contained in plastic or canned items subject to heat from fire.
- Send garments to any ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning process may set odors.
EMERGENCY STEPS FOR A FIRE LOSS
Protect Your Home (Performed by a Fire Restoration Company)
- Board- up windows
- Tarp Roof
- Hire security if warranted
Contact Your Insurance Company let them know you have had a fire and that you will need Temporary housing do to damage and smoke contamination...
- Check Book or Credit Cards
Restoration & Dry cleaning
Select 1 Week worth of clothing for urgent cleaning service.
Drycleaners that specialize in restoration work will provide emergency fast service for some of your clothing. The remaining items may take up to 30 days for processing. Don’t forget to pull out the following items for quick turnaround processing.
- Work Clothes
- Church Clothes
- Shoes & Belts
Contact Your Mortgage Company
- Your mortgage company may be listed as a payee along with homeowner on insurance checks for the loss.
Be prepared for insurance claims process, (Performed by Fire Restoration Company)
- Get a folder to save all receipts and keep track of all expenses related to the loss.
- Make copies of everything you submit to your insurance carrier.
- Take photos of items you are removing from the property or need to throw away. You may need to provide photo documentation for replacement value.